Here is a bit of Internet debris which came floating through my mailbox yesterday. I told the sender, Kristin G, she could read my answers here. [This will post on Tuesday even though I’m writing it on Monday, the European Easter holiday.]
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 (I’m still jet lagging, and I went to bed at 9:00 pm.)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither
3. What was the last movie you saw? Some French comedy on my Air France flight whose name I can’t recall. It was reasonable. “The Constant Gardener” was the movie prior to that. I couldn’t sleep this flight.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I have been without TV service in Budapest for the last three years and have not missed it one iota. Ironically two Cartoon Network shows would have to rank as my previous favorites: SpongeBob SquarePants and Dexter’s Lab. It’s ironic because when I heard about Cartoon Network I couldn’t imagine why anyone would want 24×7 cartoons. Then I got hooked on Dexter’s Lab.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal, yogurt, and a mini cheese wheel.
6. What is your favorite cuisine? Asian
7. What foods do you dislike? Hot Pickled Mango
8. What is your favorite chip flavor? I don’t prefer potato chips. BBQ Twisted Fritos are good, though.
9. What is your favorite CD at the moment? U2 – All That You Can’t Leave Behind
10. What kind of car do you drive? 1995 Ford Windstar – but only until I can sell it.
11. Favorite sandwich? Sourdough bread, sweet mustard, turkey, lettuce, tomato, cheese.
12. What characteristic do you despise? People like me. It’s annoying to see quirks of your own in others. It’s a painful reminder of how you appear.
13. Favorite items of clothing? My green Patagonia canvas shirt, now fraying around the collar, purchased shortly after a car fire consumed my former favorite canvas shirt in July 1988.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Langewood
15. What color is your bathroom? white. Psychology 101 taught me that if nothing moves in your eye’s field of view (such as imperfections in your retina), your mind ceases seeing it. After 100 trips to the bathroom, my mind ceases seeing the color of my bathroom due to the same effect. So the color of my bathroom is of little importance to me. 🙂
16. Favorite brands of clothing? Hmm. I’m stumped on this one.
17. Where would you like to retire? Somewhere near my friends if I quit working while I am still healthy – on the assumption that Cathy and I will travel to see our kids and grandkids. Somewhere near my kids if I quit working as my health fails – on the assumption that they will pick a good nursing home for me.
18. Favorite time of the day? After I walk Annie and before anyone else in the house is awake.
19. What was your best birthday? My last one, #40.
20. Where were you born? St. Louis, Missouri
21. Favorite sports to watch? Marathons
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? George W. Bush. But I’m not going to mail it to anyone, so if W leaves a comment here, I’ll be really surprised. Of course, there would be no way of verifying if he really did leave a comment or if someone just said they were George W. – unless he left his digital signature.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Well, if someone cares to answer these questions themself and post them on their blog, then I suppose that would be either Grant or Rob, the two most voracious consumers and producers of blog content I know.
24. What type of fabric detergent do you use? Tomi liquid, the blue stuff. I do all the family laundry.
25. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
26. What is your favorite flower? This is a girl question.
27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning
28. What is your shoe size? 10.5 or 11. (US). I think this is another girl question.
29. Do you have any pets? Annie, the dog.
30. Any words of wisdom you’d like to share with your friends? ??? ?????
31. What did you want to be when you were little? Big
32. What are you doing today? Writing this blog entry and generally wasting time while expecting that somehow I’ll get something productive done.
33. Who is the last person/people you want to see when your life on earth is over? Cathy, Andrew, and Audrey, assuming I go first. Now if my death involves some sort of violent tragedy, then I’d rather not see them, as that would mean they would be about to die as well.
34. What is the farthest this
email [blog post] will travel? Who knows?
35. If you could change your life now….would you? Well, given that my life is already in the process of significant change, I’ll stick with where it’s going.