They say if you write down your goals you’re more likely to accomplish them, and if you tell someone else about them you’re even more likely to be successful. So I figure if I post my goals here they are almost as good as done.
Here’s an abridged list for 2007 in the order they came to mind.
1. Lose weight. This is the second time in my life for this to make it to the annual goal list. The first time was back in 1987 after two years of dorm food when I concluded there was no reason for me to be north of 170. This morning I was 79 kg, having spent the last three years at 77. I’d like to return to 77 by April (c.f. next goal) and end the year at 75 kg. (Sorry, we bought a metric scale in Hungary and brought it back with us, so I no longer weigh in pounds.)
3. Read through the Bible along with the rest of our church. It’s after 3 pm, and I better get crackin’ for today’s reading! Dave B put together some great interesting facts for each week of our reading.
4. Pay off our auto loans. The auto savings account got partially used to move us home last summer.
5. Family vacation to Langewood. On the way back from our Campus Crusade Staff Conference we hope to get some time here.
6. Unclutter the house and attic. 5 more boxes to unpack from last summer’s move (all mine), half a garage to clear, and an entire attic of things we never missed a bit while were gone in Hungary for three years.
7. Help launch EveryStudent.com in Central Asia. Actually I could (and need to) spend a few hours thinking through more detailed plans and goals for the year for ministry, but I need to do this in the context of our team.
8. And finally……Write something once a week on this blog. Interesting bits of life come by less frequently now that we live in the US, but I’ll try to pay attention and not miss them.