– God is using several Internet Ministries to bring large numbers of people to faith in Jesus Christ.
ConnaitreDieu.com and EveryStudent.com are two examples. We are producing a Russian language ministry similar to ConnaitreDieu.com, but three things must come together first:
- funding for advertising (to get people to the evangelistic site)
- an effective website that connects with the audience (ConnaitreDieu translated and contextualized into Russian)
- a leader who can organize a network of volunteers to interact with visitors to the site
– In April 2005 we helped organize a conference in Budapest to encourage the growth of Internet Ministry. Over 67 people from 29 different countries attended! Several new outreach initiatives started as a result.
Student Evangelistic Magazine Sites
– The first ten minutes that our staff members have with a new student are critical. Either the student will listen to them, or they will dismiss them as someone who can’t relate to their life. We produce student magazines and websites that establish trust between students and our staff members, and they show that we are concerned for the things that relate to a student’s life. We want to introduce them to the most important person they could ever meet, Jesus, and the first ten minutes are critical!
Student Short Film Outreach:
– Students don’t generally read the Bible, but almost all students watch movies. Spiritual Film Festivals have provided a venue for our staff members to discuss important spiritual issues with students in a non-threatening environment.